Who are we?
Kandoor, literally translated: 'continue', is an initiative where a digital community of independent volunteers supported by artificial intelligence is helping people to make better financial decisions. You can call it your 'smart online neighbour with a lot of financial knowledge'. After using Kandoor consumers are better prepared when they continue to the next phase, e.g. paid financial advice or buying a financial product.
Kandoor facilitates a personal, 1-on-1 interaction with the right person in a private, online setting. The expert guides are volunteers and are not Kandoor's employees. By using this unique model, we can easily state that the help consumers receive is totally independent.
After a trial period as a beta version in 2016, the platform has been officially live since the beginning of 2017. 2017 and 2018 were great years for us. We have grown enormously, gained high customer satisfaction and have been nominated for multiple awards, including the Accenture Innovation Award. And obviously, we want to continue the growth in the coming years. This is why we are looking for a part-time (19 hours a week) full-stack Ruby developer for our team, who is specialized in back-end development and affinity with data engineering and machine learning.
What will you do?
- Drive the further development of the platform in Ruby on Rails on Heroku;
- Manage the platform together with the Martijn (the front end guy);
- Technically you are 'in charge' of the AI technologies that fall under the platform and the further development with our external AI partner;
- You therefore have affinity with data engineering and machine learning;
- Align with the external partners and report on the progress to the product owner.
It is some challenging work but you have your freedom and your responsibility to 'make it shine'. If everything goes well, this role can evolve into Kandoor's next CTO. You become part of a young and ambitious team and there is an incredibly good atmosphere at our office B-Amsterdam in Amsterdam. Oh yea, we also have an acoustic guitar, just in case you know how to hit the strings :)
Who are you?
You are structured and you enjoy working together in a team: a self sufficient team player. Independent, and self reliant. Nobody is perfect and we can learn a lot but it is useful if you have:
- Minimum 5 years of development experience especially on the Ruby on Rails framework;
- Knowledge of developments in the field of AI and Machine Learning;
- Knowledge and experience with setting up a data architecture;
- Knowledge of Docker containers;
- Experience with Agile working.
We can't wait to meet you!